Business Burglary Prevention Tips
- Be sure that all doors and windows are secured at the end of each business day/night.
- Police recommend both exterior and interior lighting at night. An interior light helps Police detect movement or other changes inside.
- Have your alarms in good working order. Be sure to have someone to be responsible for turning them on/off and provide a call out number in case alarm is activated.
- Empty cash drawers, leaving them open during none business hours and secure money in a safe or vault.
- Make both starting and ending money counts each business day/night.
- Report any suspicious customer contacts to Police.
- If your business has been tampered with in any way, have Police take a look at it. (example: doors or windows)
- If you discover you have been burglarized, leave your business and call Police immediately.
- Feel free to contact Police at any time with any questions about business security.