Colusa Fire Department
Our Mission: “To provide effective emergency services for the control and reduction of the impacts from fire, medical emergency, hazardous material, terrorism, and natural or man-made disasters for our community. This mission is carried out through prevention, suppression, training standards, and information & education programs.”
In 1873, 34 men agreed to form the first fire company that is now known as the COLUSA FIRE DEPARTMENT. Since that time, the Colusa Fire Department has maintained a tradition of unyielding service to the citizens of Colusa. The department is a combination of paid and volunteer personnel which encompasses a paid staff of four (4) and a volunteer roster of twenty-five (25). From human-driven hose carts to current state-of-the-art firefighting equipment, the Colusa Fire Department has always maintained a vision of meeting today’s challenges and preparing for tomorrow’s.
Emergency Medical Services has grown to become an integral part of the Fire Service. The Colusa Fire Department has met the challenge in stride. Responding not only to fires, but medical emergencies as well. Colusa Fire Department was the first fire department in Colusa County to acquire and train their personnel in the use of an Automated External Defibrillator. This is one of many achievements for Colusa Fire in striving to protect the lives of the citizens of Colusa.
The Fire Department is responsible for:
Emergency Medical Services
Fire Apparatus Checks
Aerial Truck Training